Split by a fearsome border, the Korean Peninsula offers the traveler a dazzling range of experiences, beautiful landscapes and 5000 years of culture and history.
10 things why foreign students should go for Korea
1) Korean Language: The benefits of traveling to South Korea for language study it that is the only place to go where you can fully immerse yourself in the language and culture.
2) Excellent academic record: South Koreans take education very seriously, particularly higher education. Academics can be competitive, but students treat teachers with respect and are very serious about their lessons.
3) Korean Food: Though Korean food has some elements in common with other Asian cuisine, the combinations, ingredients, and unique flavors produce entirely new dishes. Their cuisine is mouth watering and very famous all over the world.
4) Friendly People: Korean people are friendly and cooperative. Though there are cultural differences when it comes to etiquette and interpersonal relationships, Koreans take special efforts to make outsiders feel at home.
5) Access to Asia: While you are in South Korea, take advantage of its proximity to other popular Asian destinations like to travel to China, Japan, and India before returning home.
6) Norebang: The unique Korean version of karaoke known as 'norebang' may appeal to shy participants. Norebang occurs in small private rooms with a group of friends, so you won't be embarrassed in front of strangers. Norebang is very popular in South Korea.
7) Kyongju: The amazing Korean city of Kyongju is essentially a large, open-air museum that contains an impressive collection of well preserved Buddhist art.
8) Sports: Koreans have a natural liking to sports, especially taekwondo. This form of martial arts, very popular all over the world, originated in South Korea and is the country's national sport today.
9) Shopping and amusement parks: S Korea has awesome facilities for leisure like 24*7 shopping malls, amusement parks, eating joints etc.
10) Rich cultural past: South Korea has a rich historical past and that is reflected through its architecture. From time immemorial, Korea has withstood the influences and invasions of neighboring countries and preserved its heritage, language, and ethnic homogeneity.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLICANT SUBMITS VISA APPLICATION DOCUMENTS TO AN EMBASSY OR CONSULATE OF THE REPUBLIC OF KOREA
Visa application form or Certificate for Recognition of Visa Issuance
Processing Fee: Amount corresponding to USD50 (Single-entry) or USD 80 (Multiple-entry)
Admission from the school with its Recognition of the student's aptitude for study and financial ability
Most recent certificate of school record
Financial Verification (more than USD12,000 or USD13,000(capital city) in domestic bank account or certificate of currency exchange) or documentation under a university academic exchange agreement
Family Registry (Applies to Chinese only; Must include whole family)
※ In case of getting a recognition of visa issuance or visa issuance recognition number, you only need to submit a valid passport, visa application form, and the visa issuance recognition (or number)